Win a free round of golf for yourself and a friend at the Kapalua Plantation Course! (Retail Value: $268/each)
10 12 rounds away to Facebook fans and their friends; big mahalos to the generous folks at Kapalua!
Some winners will be drawn at random from our Facebook fans, and some will be given away in photo & writing contests – stay tuned on our Facebook fan page, and this page for more details – good luck!
Step 1: Enter:
Visit our Facebook Page and become a fan by clicking the “Like” button.
(IMPORTANT: The “Like” buttons at the top of our website articles do not make you a fan.)
Step 2: Increase Your Chances of Winning:
Click the “Suggest to Friends” link on our Facebook Page and select your friends who visit or live in Maui – when a referred friend wins on a random pick, you both win a free round of golf!
Step 3: Watch the Fan Page for Your Name, and Claim Your Prize!
When we announce the winner on our fan page, respond right there to claim your prize.
First Pair of Winners drawn at random @ 400 fans.
Winner: Tim Morris | Friend: Riley Mott
Second Pair of Winners @ 600 fans.
Winner: Dana Richie Friend:Self
Surprise Bonus Winner Drawn @ 602 fans!
Winner: Mella Carroll Hunter
Winners 6 & 7 @ 800 fans.
Winner: Nadine Gleason Friend:Self
Winner 8: Photo Submission: Terrie Eliker
Winner 9 – Surprise bonus giveaway: Celina Stipanic
Winner 10 – Surprise bonus giveaway: Chris Pedigo
BONUS Winners 11 and 12 – Drawing entry April 14.
Winner: Jarett Evans Friend: Jarett Evans
About the Kapalua Plantation Course:
18 hole regulation | 73 par | 7,411 yards | 75.6 USGA | 140 slope | Driving Range | GPS | Resort Attire
*The Fine Print:
1. Entrants of random drawings must be visiting Maui before 5/14/2011 or be residents of Hawaii. If a primary winner is disqualified, the referrer will be also be disqualified.
2. Winners receive a certificate issued by Kapalua Resort, which entitles the holder to one round of golf at The Plantation Course or The Bay Course, your choice.
3. There are no restrictions when using the certificates and tee times may be booked up to 25 days in advance.
4. The retail value of the certificate is $268.
5. Certificate is valid through May 14, 2011
6. Max one random drawing related win per person. (Wins for content may win multiple certificates.)
7. Winners will be announced on our Facebook fan page, and winners should reply to the feed to claim their prize. If prize is not claimed within seven (7) calendar days or the winner is disqualified for any other reason we will place it back in the pool for a new drawing/contest.
8. Winners will be picked based on pre-announced criteria and drawings will be announced periodically to correspond with events/fan milestones/dates/etc. until the ten vouchers are distributed. In no case shall MauiGuidebook.com be obligated to distribute more than 10 certificates in total (though we may.) If a tie or other circumstance should occur where more winners are drawn than 10, Maui Guidebook will decide how to judge the 10 winners.
9. No one directly related to the operations of MauiGuidebook.com or the Kapalua Plantation Golf Course may win.
10. In the event that no one referred you, or it can not be determined who was the actual referrer, the winner whose name was drawn will be given both vouchers to bring a friend of his or her choice.
11. Any submissions of photographs, video, writing or other content is a warranty by the person submitting that this is their own property and not copyrighted or restricted for publishing. Any content submitted becomes the property of MauiGuidebook.com to publish or use in any manner, without expectation of compensation of any kind.
12. We may amend these rules at any time with notice on this page.
13. Live Aloha, and have fun!
How do we pick a fan at random?
For the first drawing we will pick a Facebook fan at random. To do this we will use the random number generator on the front page of random.org and specify 1 as the minimum, and the exact number of fans we have at the time of drawing as the maximum. We will run this one time only, and the resulting number will be counted through the fans as they are listed in order of display on the “x People Like This” widget on or fan page. The process will be recorded and will be furnished upon request.
For the second drawing we will announce without notice a time frame for fans to post on a dedicated comment thread. When the time period is closed, we will draw from those who commented using the same random method as used in the first drawing. The winner and the person who referred them will win a round of golf.